It is revealed that synthetic and some feck human hair extensions are heavily treated with harsh chemicals, that is to say, alkaline base coated on hair, which leads to allergic reactions in some people.
Pre-treat hair with apple cider vinegar (ACV) or white vinegar to remove the alkaline base.
- Fill a large bowl with part warm water
- Pour 1 1/2 cups of apple cider vinegar into the bowl of warm water (not hot water otherwise you may damage your hair extension)
- Remove packets of hair and place into a large bowl and let the hair soak for about 20-30 minutes or until you see a white film appear. This allows the acidity of the Vinegar remove the alkaline base from the hair.
- Remove hair from bowl and rinse with cool water at least two times
- Allow it to air Dry
- This hair is now safe to be installed into your hair.
However, if you experience irritation after you had your synthetic hair installed, you can always apply the same mixture mentioned above of apple cider vinegar and warm water in a spray bottle and spray a generous amount directly to the hair extension up to your scalp. Don’t wash, otherwise may spoil your extension. Simply leave the mixture soak in your hair for about 5-10 minutes. Don’t allow it to dry in this step. Rinse off with cold water and allow to air dry. Repeat the same process the following day (optional) to make sure there are no tresses of the chemical still left.