Generally, when choosing a texturizing spray, it’s important to consider your hair type and desired style, any specific concerns, such as frizz or dryness. Based on expert recommendations and customer reviews, here are some of the top 5 texturizing sprays for 2023
THESALONGUY Tidal Wave Volume and Texturizing Sea
Salt Spray for Men, Women, and Kids, Leave-in Hair Styling for All Hair Types. Infused with sea salt, sea kelp, and algae extract, this Sea Salt Spray instantly creates amazing volume with beachy waves and is a great pre-styling spray excellent for finger drying or use with a blow dryer. Tidal Wave will help your hair stay hydrated and provide a strong hold with a light finish. This thick, gentle formula optimizes the hair’s ability to bind to moisture.
- Although a little expensive, this adds so much of that fluffy volume that I was looking for. Great overall product!
- My 15 year old son loves this for his fluffy hair. He says it doesn’t leave a residue, it smells good and holds his hair into place!
- A few sprays gives a good amount of texture to my hair and almost feels like a very light hairspray. Giving enough hold to keep my hair back out of my face, but not so much that you can’t run your fingers through.
- I received the product damaged and leaking in package. Otherwise I’ve purchased this spray before and it works great! It gives your hair volume without all fuss!
Color Wow Dream Coat Supernatural Spray
Multi-award-winning anti-frizz spray keeps hair frizz-free for days no matter the weather with moisture-repellant anti-humidity technology; glass hair results. Sulfate free, gluten free, alcohol free, paraben free and unscented.
- Let me start by saying that I never leave reviews. But this product is far too good to not review! I live in Miami which is notorious for intense humidity. I’ve highlighted my thin hair for the past 20 years. Needles to say the frizz has always been a huge problem for me! I’d blow dry and flat iron my hair beautifully and the minute I step outside my hair frizzes. Never in a million years did I think a product would exist that would completely eliminate this problem. I also have tape in hair extensions and it doesn’t affect them at all. Product is surprisingly lightweight. I recommend this product to all my friends! I call it MAGIC!
- I used this product once and only saw a slight difference. I was not sure what the hype was about. After a month of using it… my hair is so healthy and shiny looking. I feel like the girls with the slick shiny hair in the movies! I also am using sulfate free shampoo and conditioner (which I was using before this product) just to make sure I’m fully disclosing what I use but everyone’s hair is different. I really love this product and think anyone who is considering it should 100% try it! Just please don’t expect one time to give you the best results!
- OMG this is amazing I know the price tag is a little high but you don’t need much and the difference to my hair is unbelievable! All my life – near 50 years my hair has been frizzy and unmanageable. With a few sprays I am able to keep my hair smooth and frizz free for several days without having to re straighten or blow dry. Once following a wash I spray and blow dry quickly and then Straighten. I make sure my hair is cool before stepping outside in damp weather and my hair is good to go for several days requiring nothing other than a brush every day! Amazing WOW! Could not recommend more highly!
OUAI Wave Spray
For Perfect Yet Effortless Beachy Waves. The Wave Spray Adds Texture, Body and Shine and is Safe for Color- and Keratin-Treated Hair. Free from Parabens and Sulfates
- Used the product for the first time on dry hair and it worked so well. Definitely recommend!!
- This is the best hair product I’ve ever purchased!! I was skeptical and apprehensive about paying the price to try it but I’m so glad I did. Before purchasing I searched Google, you tube demo videos and Amazon and found this. I didn’t think I’d ever find something that could give me these kinds of waves without heat or crunchy stiffness. This product works!! No stiffness, no heat. Once the spray is dry I can comb my hair and it still retains the soft waves and leaves my hair smelling so good for at least a couple of days. This is a product I will want to always have on hand. I’m not one to write reviews but I felt compelled to for this.
- The spray nozzle is annoying, it only allows for a large amount of spray to come out!
Works well for waves and smells really good, but I can’t stand the spray flow.
Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray
It is a nourishing, smoothening spray and strengthening spray that adds volume, texture, and hold to hair, while also absorbing oil and extending the life of your hairstyle.
- This product makes a huge difference when you use just a small amount. Specifically I spray ONLY TWO small spritz towards the ends of my hair and it WORKS WONDERS! Think less is more. I read some reviews that mentioned it was greasy, etc. That may be bc they sprayed too much. I can see how one extra spray can make your hair too greasy. But the bottle says use sparingly, so it may be user error that they got bad results. Or maybe hair type, bc if I had thinner hair I probably would only do one spritz. But bc my hair is slightly thicker I used two. Idk.
Note: mine came without the cap- but it was full and didn’t look defective at all.
- LOVE LOVE LOVE. I bought the trial size and will eventually invest in the larger bottle once this is finished. Typical Oribe product – smells amazing and works. My hair is so smooth after blow drying. I have medium length, very thick and wavy hair. I could get away with not straightening my hair when I use this product, it’s that good. The only thing I would say negatively is it does not improve my dry time. I’ve tried many product that’s claim to decrease drying time and I have not found one, including this. I know it’s an expensive product but it is worth it.
- Oribe you are my hair soul mate. You complete me. You make hair products that are Royal, that are priceless and golden. I am madly in love with for giving my hair life and giving me my confidence back in my hair. This product was ordered in a day and came before the day was over. It was the evening I had already styled my hair for the day. So I wanted to try it out anyway sprayed a little in my hand I was scared I didn’t know it was gonna be the results. And my hair responded to the heat immediately and appropriately and I close my eyes while I was blow drying and when I opened my eyes I didn’t even recognize my hair. My hair had this Golden shine to it and it was so free flowing and just beautiful. I put the blow dryer down and just flip my hair the way I wanted and it did exactly what I needed to do. I love the flip my hair I love when it flips perfectly and how I just adore the sent it gives. I feel nothing but silk soft hair. Worth every cent. 22 people found this helpful.
amika brooklyn bombshell blowout spray
This spray adds volume, texture, and hold with a matte finish, perfect for creating undone, effortless hairstyles.
- I think this is one of the best products I’ve used for blowing out my hair. I have very fine, thin hair but this made it very full and held the style for quite a while, 2 days so far so good. I highly recommend it
- My hair is nice and sleek. My coworkers comment on how nice my hair looks so I sent them the link to the product. I pair it with a heat protector because I do use a lot of heat on my hair. Works really great I’m sure without it too.
- The smell is wonderful, and this truly does what it says. It does give your hair body and my hair is very thin and fine. I also use the thickening shampoo and thickening conditioner by Amika. I highly recommend this if you have skin and fine hair. I towel dry my hair and spray it on before I blow dry it. You are going to be amazed.
- This may be the best blow out product I’ve ever used. I sprayed from roots to end and blew out my hair using a wide paddle brush. Amazing texture without feeling stiff or sticky. Also, it smells AMAZING! Will be buying again for sure
Best Hold Moroccanoil Dry Texture Spray
Moroccanoil Dry Texture Spray is a multitasker finishing spray for effortlessly undone styles, or can be applied before styling to provide no-slip grip for braids and updos. It also contains argan oil and wheat proteins to condition and moisturize hair. The result? A perfectly lived-in look with a touchable, non-sticky finish.