Because it’s natural and versatile, Almond oil has been used for thousands of years to soothe, soften, and repair the skin for a glowing and healthy complexion. We are talking about sweet Almond oil.
More than soothing dry skin, almond oil is rich in vitamins E and A, as well as fatty acids, which help to nourish and protect the skin giving you a beautiful complexion and skin tone. Here are some of the benefits of almond oil for glowing skin, and how to use it:
Benefits of Almond Oil
- Moisturizes the skin: Almond oil is a great natural moisturizer for the skin since it soaks in quickly keeping the skin soft and supple (prevents dryness and flakiness)
- The emollient properties help improves skin tone: More than soothing dry skin, almond oil is rich in vitamins E and A, as well as fatty acids, which help to nourish and protect the skin giving you a beautiful complexion and skin tone, reducing the appearance of scars and blemishes. Massage a few drops of almond oil into your skin in circular motions for a few minutes each day.
- Reduces dark circles: Its concentration of vitamin E reduces dark circles and puffiness under the eyes, helps to heal sun damage, reduces the signs of aging, and fades scars and stretch marks. Apply a few drops of almond oil to the under-eye area and gently massage it in.
- Treats and soothes dry skin: Almond oil has been used for centuries to treat dry skin conditions, including eczema and psoriasis.
- Helps to treat acne: Almond oil is non-comedogenic, meaning it won’t clog pores. Because it is non-comedogenic, antibacterial, and full of vitamin A and Zinc, almond oil can be used to treat acne. The fatty acids may help dissolve excess oil. Almond oil has anti-inflammatory properties, which can help to reduce redness and swelling associated with acne.
- The antioxidants prevent cell damage and help reduce ultraviolet (UV): Animal study shows it may reduce damage from the sun. Its concentration of vitamin E and Omega-3 acids may help to heal sun damage.
- Reduces the signs of aging: Almond oil is rich in antioxidants, which can help to reduce the signs of aging. The retinol in vitamin A has the ability to stimulate the production of new skin cells and smooth fine lines. Apply almond oil to your skin before bed for best results.
- It’s a natural sunscreen:
- Its concentration of vitamin E and Omega-3 acids may help to heal sun damage. The antioxidants prevent cell damage and help reduce ultraviolet (UV): Animal study shows it may reduce damage from the sun.
- Acts as a great massage oil. Add a few drops of your favorite essential oil into the almond oil and use it as a massage oil. It would be wise to first do a patch test before the massage.
How to use Almond oil for glowing skin
- Natural makeup remover and cleanser: Apply a few drops of almond oil onto your palm and then using your fingers, massage it gently onto your face for about 30 seconds to break down dirt, oil, sunscreen, and waterproof makeup. Wipe it off with cotton balls or a damp face towel. Follow by washing your face with your favorite cleanser.
- Moisturizing: On a clean face gently apply a small amount of almond oil onto your face and neck with your fingertips, and let it absorb into your skin. If you’re using it as a moisturizer, you don’t need to rinse it off.
- Face mask: Mix almond oil with your favorite DIY mask to make a hydrating and nourishing face mask. Apply the mask to your face and leave it on for 15-20 minutes before rinsing off with warm water.
- Massage: Almond oil can be used as a massage oil for the face and body to improve blood circulation and promote relaxation.
Who should not use Almond oil?
It’s generally considered safe, but if you’re allergic to nuts, or you’ve never tried almond oil before, do a patch test before applying it to your face. If you’re not sure if almond oil is right for your skin, talk to your doctor or dermatologist before using it.