All You Need To know About Type 4C Hair?
Type 4 C hair is the tightest (kinky) with the most shrinkage up to about 70 percent. This texture can absorb too much moisture and loses it quickly. It is matte in appearance. No wonder people view 4C hair as untamed, unpolished, and therefore an acceptable when actually it’s the way our hair grows (our natural hair pattern). Using water and heavyweight products such as butters and creams work great for 4C hair. They help detangle, moisturize and seal in moisture.
How to moisturize and retain moisture on 4c hair
Moisturized hair is cheerful hair. Moisturizing is crucial for healthy-looking 4C hair because it increases elasticity so you get a juicy, bouncy look, and also, controls brittleness and breakage.
- A consistent routine of deep conditioning is vital. This application has deep penetrating ingredients such as proteins, hydrolyzed proteins, and amino acids. Unlike a regular conditioner, deep conditioners penetrate deep and stay in your hair longer.
- To always use water or a water-based moisturizer, free of harsh chemicals that will not dry your hair. A water-based moisturizer will have water listed as its first ingredient. Then seal with oil (oil sealant) or an oil-based product. An oil-based product will list oil as its first/main ingredient. Water is the best moisturizer anyone can afford. Use water as hydrant (damp hair), then follow with emollients (heavyweight/extremely thick consistency). Heavyweight conditioner creams with shea butter, cocoa or mango butter are great for 4C type of hair. Then follow with sealant oils to seal in moisture content in the hair. As long as you feel your hair is dry it’s important to adopt this routine. You may not have to add sealant oils if you used shea butter because it has great sealing properties. So adding a sealant oil to this may not serve any purpose.
I make my own DIY 4C hair moisturizer and sealant, LCO (Liquid, Cream and Oil) method, at home by mixing aloe vera gel, raw shea butter, and olive oil, of course, plus a few drops of essential oils like black seed oil. I make shea butter as the base (more in quantity) so that my whipped product has a very thick consistency.
Then you can add protein treatment to your hair at most twice a month. Among other benefits, this helps to strengthen and thicken hair strands. I love doing this organically at home. I make a mixture of sweet bananas, avocado, eggs, olive oil, and black seed mask and apply on damp hair, followed by steaming for about 15 minutes, or leave it overnight.
How to use the LCO (Leave in, Cream, Oil) Method: Three steps
- Shampoo wash or dampen hair, depending on the need, apply aloe vera (optional) and then follow by gently detangling using fingers or a wide-tooth comb starting from the hair tips moving inside.
- To your water (Damp Hair) add butter conditioner products like shea cream, mango, avocado, or any other of your preference. They are rich in conditioning, nourishing natural ingredients that keep the hair’s moisture levels high and prevent further breakage. Gently massage this cream through the whole hair with your fingers.
- Then finish with sealant oil of your preference to nourish and especially to seal the moisture in and add shine. Immediately follow with a Denman brush to define/pop your curls or a twist out depending on the need.
More About Type 4 C Hair
How to mask (deep conditioning treatment) 4c hair
You can add protein treatment to your hair at most twice a month. Among other benefits, this helps to deeply condition, strengthen and thicken hair strands. I love doing this organically at home. I make a mixture of sweet bananas, avocado, eggs, olive oil, and black seed mask and apply on damp hair, followed by steaming for about 15 minutes, or leave it overnight.
Naturally, I have thin hair (few strands on my scalp) but following this routine has given me great results.
It is important to note that the results of the above mentioned natural method may vary depending on each person.
Natural home remedies are low cost and low risk but if you experience allergies with certain foods, then it would be advisable to use other recipes that may work for you.
Enjoy your 4C Hairtype!
Check link for other hair types!
Book an Ad Spot!
Easy Way To a Short Passion Twist – Bob
Thank you for using the affiliate links and codes in this post, it helps me with a small compensation so I can provide more content.